Wayne County Courthouse
174 North Brunswick Street
Jesup, Georgia 31546
The Business/Administrative Division of the Office of the Clerk of Courts of Wayne County provides many auxiliary services. Primarily this division is responsible for administration of the office and accounting for all funds paid into the registries of the courts it serves. Other services provided by the division are:
- Charters (corporate) -- filing not required with the Office of the Secretary of the State of Georgia.
- Corporations (articles of) -- for corporations not required to be filed with the Office of the Secretary of the State of Georgia; also, the Office provides computer access to the Georgia On-Line (GO) Network Corporation database, providing a statewide listing of all corporations and their officers. Other information is available from the Office of the Secretary of State Corporation Division at www.sos.state.ga.us/corporations .
- Jury Management -- maintaining and managing all jury pool information for the county, summoning and notifying jurors, and managing juries during jury selection and trials.
- Notary Public -- issuing and approving all applications for notary public for citizens of Wayne County.
- Partnerships -- filing and maintaining all records for partnerships within the county.
- Passports -- serving as the THE local U.S. Passport acceptance agency.
- Trade Names -- filing and maintaining all records.
- Veteran's Military Records. O.C.G.A. § 15-6-72 provides the clerk of superior court shall record and index the discharge certificates of all former members of the armed services of the United States residing in the county, showing their discharge from military service. Click to see more information about Military Discharges.