General Application Information

Visit the U.S. Department of State’s Passport Information Site

You Can Apply for a Passport Locally
The Clerk of the Superior Court  is the local authorized United States passport acceptance agency for Wayne County.  We are currently accepting applications during the hours of 9 a.m. to 3:00 p.m. Passports are done by APPOINTMENTS ONLY.

Who May Apply for a Passport
A U.S. passport may be issued to a citizen or national of the United States. Unless specifically authorized by a passport issuing office, no person may have more than one valid or potentially valid U.S. passport of the same type at any one time.

Required Application Form

Passport Application Form DS-11 must be completed and executed in person before a passport agent by an applicant applying for a passport for the first time or a person not otherwise eligible to use Form DS-82, “Application for Passport by Mail.” Information for completing the application form is below. To complete an online DS-11 (passport application) form, go to US Department Of State web page.

If You Have Questions or Need to Obtain an Application Form

Contact the Office of the Clerk of the Superior Court of Wayne County:

  • Call (912) 427-5930
  • Go to the Office of the Clerk of Courts at the Wayne County, 174 North Brunswick Street, Jesup, Georgia.
  • Fax: (912) 427-5939

To Apply for A U.S. Passport

Submit the following to the Clerk of Wayne Superior Court:

  • Completed passport application (DS-11), which may be obtained from the Clerk’s office.
  • Certified copy of birth certificate. To obtain a certified copy of your birth certificate (if you are a Georgia resident), click here.
  • One passport photo (2″x2″),
  • Proof of identity (picture identification, such as driver’s license, etc.).
  • For children under the age of 16, both parents must sign the passport application except in extenuating circumstances (more information will be provide about this topic upon request).


Fees for passport applications are established by the U.S. Department of State and are not controlled by the local acceptance agency. Our fees do not include photos.

For U.S. citizens:U.S. Passport Book for First Time Applicants and Minors 

Passport Fee (Payable to US Department of State) $130

Acceptance Fee (Payable to Acceptance Facility Total) $35

First-Time Applicant Fee

Adults (age 16 and over)$130, Processing fee $35

Minors (Under age 16)$100, Processing fee $35

U.S. Passport Card for First TIme Applicants and Minors 

First-Time Applicant Fee Adults (age 16 and over)$30, Processing Fee $35

Minors (Under age 16)$15, Processing Fee $35

Other Service Fees Overnight Delivery Service $18.32

Additional Visa Pages $82

File Search Fee $150 Expedite

Processing $60

Expedite Fees:

Expedited fees for 16 years and older is $209.53

Expedited fees for minors under the age of 16 is $178.32

  • In case of emergency, additional costs will be incurred.
  • Contact 912.427.5930 if you have questions about fees. Fees can not be waived for any reason.

All checks and money orders should be made out to U.S. Department of State.




FOR INQUIRIES AFTER AN APPLICATION IS PROCESSED. (A fee is charged for this service.): National Passport Information Center, 1-900-225-5674, For TDD: 1-900-225-7778 OR For Credit Card users: 1-888-362 8668, For TDD: 1-898-498 3648

U.S. passports are issued only to U.S. citizens or nationals. Each person must obtain his or her own passport. IF YOU ARE A FIRST-TIME APPLICANT, please complete and submit this application in person. It is mandatory for children under 16 years of age to accompany parents. Each application must be accompanied by (1) PROOF OF U.S. CITIZENSHIP, (2) PROOF OF IDENTITY, (3) ONE PHOTOGRAPH, (4) FEES (as explained below) to one of the following acceptance agents: a clerk of any federal or state court of record or a judge or clerk of any probate court accepting applications; a designated municipal or county official; a designated postal employee at an authorized postal office; or an agent at a Passport Agency in Boston, Chicago, Honolulu, Houston, Los Angeles, Miami, New Orleans, New York, Philadelphia, San Francisco, Seattle, Stamford, or Washington, D.C.; or a U.S. consular official.

IF YOU HAVE HAD A PREVIOUS PASSPORT, inquire about eligibility to use  Form DS-82 (mail-in application). Address requests for passport amendment, extension of validity, or additional visa pages to a Passport Agency or a U.S. Consulate or Embassy abroad. Check visa  requirements with consular officials of country to be visited well in advance of your departure.

SPECIAL REQUIREMENTS FOR CHILDREN UNDER AGE 16. Click here to see the new provisions: Special Requirements for Children Under Age 16.


(a) APPLICANTS BORN IN THE UNITED STATES. Submit previous U.S. passport and certified birth certificate. A birth certificate must include your given name and surname, date and place of birth, date the birth record was filed, and seal or other certification of the official custodian of such records. A record filed more than 1 year after the birth is acceptable if it is supported by evidence described in the next paragraph.

IF NO BIRTH RECORD EXISTS, submit registrar’s notice to that effect. Also submit an early baptismal or circumcision certificate, hospital birth record, early census, school, or family Bible records, newspaper or insurance file knowledge of your birth (preferably with at least one record listed above). Evidence should include your given name and surname, date and place of birth, seal or other certification of office (if customary) and signature of issuing official.

b) APPLICANTS BORN OUTSIDE  THE UNITED STATES. Submit previous U.S. passport or Certificate of Naturalization, or Certificate of Citizenship, or a Report of Birth Abroad, or evidence as described below.

IF YOU CLAIM CITIZENSHIP THROUGH NATURALIZATION OF PARENT(S), submit the Certificate(s) of Naturalization of your parent(s), your foreign birth certificate (translated into English), proof of your admission to the United States for permanent residence, and your parents’ marriage license (also translated into English).

IF YOU CLAIM CITIZENSHIP THROUGH BIRTH ABROAD TO U.S. CITIZEN PARENT(S), submit a Consular Report of Birth (Form FS-240) or Certification of Birth (Form DS-1350 or FS-545), or your foreign birth certificate, parents’ marriage certificate, proof of citizenship of your parent(s), and affidavit of U.S. citizen parent(s), and affidavit of U.S. citizen parent(s) showing all periods and places of residence/physical presence in the United States and abroad before your birth.

(2) PROOF OF IDENTITY. If you are not personally known to the acceptance agent, you must establish your identity to the agent’s satisfaction.  You may submit items such as the following containing your signature AND physical description or photograph that is a good likeness of you: previous U.S. passport; Certificate of Naturalization or of Citizenship; driver’s license (not temporary or learner’s license); or government (Federal, State, municipal) identification card or pass. Temporary or altered documents are not acceptable.

IF YOU CANNOT PROVE YOUR IDENTITY as stated above, you must appear with an IDENTIFYING WITNESS who is a U.S. citizen or permanent resident alien who has known you for at least 2 years. Your witness must prove his or her identity and complete and sign an Affidavit of Identifying Witness (Form DSP-71) before acceptance agent. You must also submit some identification of your own.

(3) PHOTOGRAPH. Submit one photograph of you alone, sufficiently recent to be a good likeness (normally taken within the last 6 month, 2 x 2 inches in size, with an image size from bottom of chin to top of head (including hair) of between 1 and 1-3/8 inches. Photographs must be clear, front view, full face, taken in normal street attire without a hat or dark glasses, and printed on thin paper with a plain light(white or off-white) background. They must be capable of withstanding a mounting temperature of 225º Fahrenheit (107º Celsius).   Photographs retouched so that your appearance is changed are unacceptable. Snapshots, most vending machine prints, and magazine or full-length Photographs are unacceptable.

(4) FEES. If you are 16 years of age or older, the passport fee is $130.00. The execution fee is $35.00. Your passport will be valid for 10 years from the date of issue except where limited by the Secretary of State to a shorter period. If you are under 16 years old, the passport fee is $100.00. The execution fee is $35. Your passport will be valid for 5 years  from the date of issue, except where limited as above.

Expedited Service – Expedited service is available only in the United States. Expedite requests will be processed in 3 workdays from receipt at a Passport Agency. This service is available only for early departure, generally with proof of travel. The total cost for an expedited application is $209.53, which includes the application fee and and additional expedite fee and postage for overnight return mail). Please go by Post Office and pick up a passport stamp.

Payment of Costs – Pay the passport agency in one of the following forms: Checks-personal, certified, traveler’s; bank draft or cashier’s check; money order (U.S. Postal), international, currency exchange; or if abroad, the foreign currency equivalent, or check drawn on a U.S. bank. Make passport fees payable to U.S. Department of State (except if applying at a designated acceptance facility, such as a State court or municipal office, pay execution fee as required) or appropriate Embassy or Consulate, if abroad. Pay special postage if applicable. Local execution fees must be paid to the clerk’s office in cash.

Adjudication Fee – An additional adjudication fee of $100 will be charged to previously undocumented passport customers  who were born outside the United State and who have not been issued any of the following documents: a U.S. passport, a Consular Report of Birth Abroad, a Certification of Report of Birth, a Certificate of Report of Birth, a Certificate of Naturalization or a Certificate of Citizenship.

Additional Fees. An additional $15 fee will be charged when, upon request, the Department of State verifies issuance of a previous U.S. passport or Consular Report of Birth Abroad because the customer is unable to submit evidence of U.S. citizenship.

No fee is charged to applicants with U.S. Government or military authorization for no-fee passports (except designated acceptance facilities may collect the execution fee).


Click here for answers to questions about passports, visas, travel information, and other issues related to travel outside the United States: The Bureau of Consular Affairs.